All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Linking a batch of webpages (NCapture)

Hi Inbal, It is not possible to capture multiple websites at once and I am sorry, we are not aware of any workarounds. Kind Regards, Bhupesh
  3. Hi, In order to link your case attributes to sources, you simply need to code from sources to the cases. When this happens, you should be able to run queries based on attributes across your sources. If you had separate single interview sources for each participant, you could have created each source as a case. Using "Create as Case" option codes whole source to respective case automatically. Kind Regards, Bhupesh
  4. Hi Mackie, You can open the source and turn on Coding Stripes for All Nodes Coding to see the nodes data has been coded to. Refer to the link below for detailed information on Coding Stripes: http://help-nv11.qsrinternational.com/desktop/procedures/use_coding_stripes_to_explore_coding.htm I hope this helps. Kind Regards, Bhupesh
  5. Last week
  6. Recovering project from a. nvb file

Hi Alicja, I have attached a corrupt dummy project with this post to help you recover the project from the nvb file. Download, unzip and extract the attached file to your computer. Then attempt to open it in NVivo. You will be presented with an option to recover from a project recovery file. Select your nvb file to recover the project. I hope this helps. Kind Regards, Bhupesh NV11CorruptProject(for restoring project backups).nvp.zip
  7. Hi, I was able to use the drag and drop coding feature in Nvivo fine in the past, but it seems to have stopped working since I upgraded to Mac Os High Sierra. I am still able to select and pick up a piece of text and drag it to the nodes display, at which point the animation shrinks the text I have selected (see image). However the code I am holding it over does not become highlighted and when I release the mouse button it does not code. I am using Nvivo 11.4.2 Please help. Ruth
  8. Anything? Any help would be much appreciated. I thought I should create each source (i.e. each interview audio file) as case (i.e. Create As>Create As Cases> Assign to classification) so that Source: John - Interview 1 is assigned to Case: John but the problem is about aggregation. If I aggregate it, it counts John twice in the cases. If I don't aggregate it I can't see what John's nodes based on the multiple interviews. Fingers crossed some of you NVIVO pros can help out
  9. Hi, I was working on a project (coding a number of interviews into nodes). I forgot to save the project and my computer restarted in the meantime. When I opened NVivo project again, I can only see my work from the previous day, which means that nodes only have a small number of interviews coded into it. I checked the recovery folder and there is a 'nvb' file there, but I can't open it. The software did not prompt me to recover the file upon the re-opening. Is there anything I can do to recover the work? Thanks!
  10. Number of Memos per Source

Hi Doug, It is not possible to link multiple memos to a single source because each source or node can have one memo linked to it and that memo cannot be linked to any other item. Kind Regards, Bhupesh
  11. When I run a text query, open a source in a separate tab, and then code to a node in that source, the query results window/tab vanishes. Then I have to rerun the query and find where I left off, which is time-consuming and unnecessary. This happens whether the source I'm coding is a PDF or a memo. At first, I couldn't figure out what action was resulting in the query results window vanishing, but eventually diagnosed that it only happens when I could to a node in a source opened in a separate tab. I found this forum topic which seems relevant, but it's for NVivo 9 and I can't replicate the suggested solution in NVivo 11. I also couldn't find any error log as recommended in this topic: Is there a solution to this problem? If not, I'd like to report it as something that needs fixing in future updates/versions. Thank you.
  12. Hello, I have a long list of websites I would like to capture, is there a way to capture them in bulk instead of doing it one by one? Thank you, Inbal
  13. Hello all. I wonder if you can help. I am trying to link sources to case classifications. Under case classifications I have a list of the interviewees with details about their gender and background. I have a number of sources - interviews (sometimes 2 files), notes, etc. The sources are coded but I wanted to run analysis seeing how noding changes depending on gender and background. To do that I'll need to link the sources to each case. How would I do that in such a way I could run an appropriate query? Thanks.
  14. Import classification sheet Error.

Hi Betty, To investigate, could you send us your classification sheet via a support request at http://www.qsrinternational.com/nvivo/contact-us/customer-support & we'll get back to you? Kind Regards, Bhupesh
  15. MacOS High Sierra won't let me use NVIVO

Hi Kate, The latest update to MacOS introduced a new file system that is not compatible with older versions of NVivo for Mac. Support for the Apple file system (apfs) was introduced in the latest update of NVivo for Mac Version 11. Please follow the steps below to update your NVivo for Mac: 1. Make sure the NVivo application is closed before you install the new version. (You may need to right click NVivo icon in the dock and click Quit) 2. Download NVivo for Mac(version 11) from our Downloads page below: http://www.qsrinternational.com/support/downloads 3. Locate and double-click the NVivo.dmg file that you downloaded. 4. Drag the NVivo icon into your Applications folder. 5. During the installation, if you are asked whether you wish to replace the older version of NVivo, click Replace. 6. Go to Finder>Applications, right click NVivo icon and click Get Info. Confirm that it shows version 11.4.2 7. Double click same NVivo icon, paste your license if prompted and activate the software. Once this is done, you should be able to work on NVivo projects. I hope this helps. Kind Regards, Bhupesh
  16. I have just upgraded my Mac Air to MacOS High Sierra. Yesterday on the old system no problem getting into my projects until I upgraded. I'm using NVIVO 11 for Mac. The message is: Cannot open or save projects on disk “Macintosh HD” The disk has an unsupported disk format (apfs) that prevents NVivo from saving changes. Please copy the project to a supported disk and open it from there. Does anyone have a solution? It would be much appreciated.
  17. I have just upgraded my Mac Air to MacOS High Sierra. Yesterday on the old system no problem getting into my projects until I upgraded. I'm using NVIVO 11 for Mac. The message is: Cannot open or save projects on disk “Macintosh HD” The disk has an unsupported disk format (apfs) that prevents NVivo from saving changes. Please copy the project to a supported disk and open it from there. Does anyone have a solution? It would be much appreciated.
  18. I have just upgraded my Mac Air to MacOS High Sierra. Yesterday on the old system no problem getting into my projects until I upgraded. I'm using NVIVO 11 for Mac. The message is: Cannot open or save projects on disk “Macintosh HD” The disk has an unsupported disk format (apfs) that prevents NVivo from saving changes. Please copy the project to a supported disk and open it from there. Does anyone have a solution? It would be much appreciated.
  19. Hi, It seems that your NVivo project has got corrupted. We have responded to you via email and we look forward to your reply. Regards, Bhupesh
  20. Thank you for any help with this rookie question - I'm new to NVivo and haven't been able to find an answer. I can see in List View that a particular source is coded at, say, 9 nodes. How can I see which 9 nodes it is coded at? Many thanks!
  21. Export coding to share

Thanks, that's helpful. I have printed to PDF and been able to email that to my colleague.
  22. I'm having an onslaught of errors and consistent crashing (12 crashes in the last 2 hours). I am trying to open the classifcation sheet and immediately the programme crashes and I receive the following error: Error Message: An item with the same key has already been added. Stack Trace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) at QSR.NVivo.Common.Business.Domain.CategoryLayout.a(NodeSortOptions A_0, Boolean A_1) at QSR.NVivo.Client.Presentation.Forms.CategoryDetailForm.af() at QSR.NVivo.Client.Presentation.Forms.CategoryDetailForm.ag() at QSR.NVivo.Client.Presentation.Forms.CategoryDetailForm.e(EventArgs A_0) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) Can someone please help I am losing the will to LIVE with NVivo. Thank you!!
  23. Earlier
  24. Can you have multiple linked memos to a single source document? If so, how can I do this?
  25. Word Cloud Comparisons

How can I create a Word Cloud for the answers to a question for a Fall Interview and then another Word Cloud for the same question in a Spring Interview? I'm not expecting to do anything else besides a visual inspection.
  26. I am getting this error and can´t solve it. Import classification sheet Error. Not all rows in the file have the same number of columns. I have checked my Excel file and it does seem that all rows do have the same number of columns! i do not know what to do now!
  27. I am getting this error and can´t solve it. Import classification sheet Error. Not all rows in the file have the same number of columns. I have checked my Excel file and it does seem that all rows do have the same number of columns! i do not know what to do now!
  28. NVivo Crash, data lost

Hi, thank you for your reply. I am unamble to rename or make copies of the _log file or the .tmp.nvp file. I get the message: 'The action can't be completed because the file is open in the SQL Server Window. Close the file and try again'. When I close the project in NVivo the Temporary Files disappear. When the project is open .tmp.nvp file appears in the temporary folder with the time/date of the crash. Thanks,
  1. Load more activity