Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Source'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Welcome
  • Discussions
    • NVivo Use Cases
    • Collaboration
    • Visualizations
    • Transcription
  • Ask a question
    • NVivo for Mac
    • NVivo for Windows
    • NVivo 12 for Mac and Older Versions
    • NVivo 12 for Windows and Older Versions
  • Make a suggestion
    • NVivo for Mac
    • NVivo for Windows
  • Mixed Methods's Topics
  • Coding's Thematic Coding
  • Research Team Collaboration's Topics
  • Literature Review's Challenges analyzing literature
  • Citavi and NVivo Integration - Product Advisory Board's Citavi
  • Citavi and NVivo Integration - Product Advisory Board's NVivo Integration

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Email


Website URL


Location


Research Interests


Organization


Job Title

Found 8 results

  1. Hello I've narrowed my project down in terms of participants and created a new project to analyze them, I've created participant nodes, classified them all and coded a hundred other nodes related to the images each participant has done (basically followed the steps I did previously). The issue I'm having now is when I try a word frequency it shows nothing, how is this possible? Looking at my earlier project for comparison the only difference I see is that my main source (a survey) in the new projects shows no nodes or references despite there being many nodes and references done alrea
  2. Good Day, I am having an issue which I'm hopefully someone will be able to help me figure out. I have one source (a Word document) and two coders. Coder A uses a Mac, Coder B a PC. Because of this, the coders used the same source, but coded it separately, each determining their own nodes. When I go and merge one project into the other, I wind up with the source listed twice, the second one with a (2) on the end. I would like to have one source file where I can click and see how each coded the same paragraph. For example, click on a certain paragraph and see Coder A labeled it "approval"
  3. Hello, everyone. I am using Nvivo 10 for Windows to code in-depth interview transcripts. I am using a grounded theory approach and am doing something equivalent to line-by-line coding. I currently have over 800 nodes in Nvivo as I'm still in the open-coding phase. I would like to see the codes that I have used in context with the content of the transcripts. Right now, I can enable Coding Stripes, but it is unhelpful with my current amount of nodes - not to mention that its positioning is awkward. If I hover my mouse over the Coding Density line (the line that darkens as coding dens
  4. Good Day, I'm at the coding stage in my analysis which will continue for some time but have started to wonder how can I see all the codes for a particular image that's been assigned multiple codes already? when I click on an image I see on the bottom of the screen " Nodes: 2 References: 3" but I have no way of seeing which nodes & references have been attributed already. Then later when I want to find the images of selected participants how do I do that? For example, I want to see all the images submitted by participants who indicted they are from China in my survey, or all the ima
  5. Hi... I hope someone can help. Our team is looking at our options around importing data from five data collection instruments, many of which may be used with the same respondent. We expect around 750 individual respondents and around 1250 interviews. Our current plan is to input responses to questions into a spreadsheet and then import the spreadsheet. Of course, using a Word-formatted questionnaire could also be imported. We want to be able to link respondents together so that we will know that it is the same respondent replying to separate instruments. Using Nodes for each respo
  6. I have used Nvivo to analyse 200 individual stories (i.e. 200 separate files named Story 1, Story 2…up to Story 200) from which I generated a list of codes/nodes relating to service quality (e.g. Story 1 goes “the staff was very helpful”…I would code that bit as ‘helpful staff’). After the content analysis process, c. 1500 pieces of code (i.e. nodes) were generated for the 200 stories. I have been able to export the coding scheme (alongside 'number of sources', 'number of coding references', 'aggregate'...) into Excel where I proceeded to sort the coding items into categories and subcatego
  7. I have just realized that when I import a PDF document and code its whole content at a node, number listed under the references/number of references column does not show what it should be. To give an example; lets say I have imported a PDF document which contains 3 pages. Then I code its whole text (OCRed) at a single node. Below how it is listed: Listed view is suggesting that this PDF document contains 4 different references coded at 1 node. However that was not the case. When I inspect the node at document, at the very bottom I realize something strange: After seve
  8. Chart tool will be more useful if it let user to select any number of sources as "a source". Therefore, user can easily visulize major themes via "most coded notes" function.
×
×
  • Create New...