NVivo has extremely slow response time - tried all tips on here with no success

I have been struggling with NVivo for 4 days now. The program is so slow to respond to any action. For example, in editing mode there is a minimum of a 5 second delay if I delete a sing letter. Even when coding, there is a 4-6 second delay when highlighting text to code. When I drop and drag to code the text, the program will spin for over a minute before I receive a message that it was added to the correct code. Sometimes I receive a message in the upper left-hand corner that NVivo is not responding.

All of the NVivo files are on the hard drive. I have also set it to run as administrator, cleared the project event log and any other suggestion I could find on your website. However, none of them are working. I even separated the text data and am importing the smaller files one at a time, even though your program states it can handle over a million rows of data. I even had our IT department remote in and they were unable to resolve the issue. 

I have attempt to submit a request to customer support three times without success. I just keep receiving a message “please wait.” 

Hello @Sara Donevant,

If your NVivo project files are being recorded to a folder which is set to be synced with a cloud service such as iCloud, Google Drive, Box, etc, the cloud service client immediately attempts to synchronize these changes to the project file which is stored within the cloud. However, the client will be unable to access the project file because NVivo has exclusive access to the file while the project is open in NVivo which can cause performance problems, even data loss.

If that is the case, then please record your project file to a folder where it is not being synced and test again. If this resolves your issue but you would like to be sure that your files are backed up. Then after you completed your work and saved your project, manually copy and paste your project file to a sync folder.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

So I am guessing that you did not even read the message. So let's try this again: I am NOT syncing with anything on the cloud! As I clearly stated in the message:

All of the NVivo files are on the hard drive. I have also set it to run as administrator, cleared the project event log and any other suggestion I could find on your website. However, none of them are working. I even separated the text data and am importing the smaller files one at a time, even though your program states it can handle over a million rows of data. I even had our IT department remote in and they were unable to resolve the issue. 

Hard drive means it is not on the cloud.

So this is not my problem!

Sara

When I ran the Troubleshooting program, I received an SQL. After several failed attempts, the program could not repair it. Therefore, as per instructions I found in the forum, I uninstalled the program and re-installed. It is now ever worse. I cannot use the program at all. When I attempt to open my project that I created on 3/23/2022 (same day I purchased and downloaded NVivo), I receive a message that is was created in an older NVivo version and it is not compatible. 

Now when I run the Troubleshooting program, I receive a message that NVivo is incompatible with Windows 10. I am attaching screenshots.

I am working on a grant and need this data to put into the grant. I do not have time to start all over again and just waste 4 days. Can anyone help me?

Sara

Screenshot (585).png

Screenshot (584).png

Screenshot (582).png

• 3 months later...

Hello @GHResearcher,

Please submit a support request form following: https://support.qsrinternational.com/nvivo/s/contactsupport/contact-support-form

Regards,

• 4 months later...

I am also experiencing massive delays with Nvivo.

Nvivo freezes for about a minute each time I create a code.  Its driving me nuts and is massively slowing down the pace at which I can work at.  Any advice appreciated as its a big problem