Link File and coded data to Cases?

Go to solution Solved by canarik,

• Solution

Hello @Suki J.,

If you create your cases manually, you would need to code each file with the corresponding case.

Instead, I would suggest an easy way:

1) Select all your files 

2) Right-click

3) Choose Create As>Cases.

94032077_ScreenShot2022-06-16at21_47_10.thumb.png.0f31e26bdc62678e26677af6bf5924de.png

Regards,

Hello @Suki J.,

Yes, it is also expected that the codes do not move. However, when you open the relevant case and enable coding stripes you can see the codings that you have done.

Regards,

@canarikThanks. Ok, my goal is to run crosstab analysis using the cases (and their codes) and the case classification sheet. Right now, the analysis is not showing any results, which I assume is due to the codes are not associated with the cases?

Hello again @Suki J.,

Indeed. You would need to assign each file to the corresponding case.

Regards,

Thank you so much for your diligent help @canarik.

Sorry I wasn't clear about my questions. My essential quest is to make sure the cases created based on the files also contains all the coded data on the files, so that I can run crosstab analysis using the cases and their classification sheet. You have suggested creating the cases and assign each file to the cases, right? I have created the cases based on the files following the instruction on the screenshot you provided. Then, how to assign each file to the corresponding case so that I can have all the coded data also attach to the cases?

Hello again @Suki J.,

When you follow the steps that I provided above your cases will be assigned to the corresponding cases.

However, when it comes to assigning your cases to a classification, you need to select all your cases right-click>Classification>"Your Classification Name"

441958405_ScreenShot2022-06-19at00_50_00.thumb.png.5147c96cd48a38f27c16ad38ae4b2482.png

Regards,