Code stripes

wim

Hello @wim,

XML format is not in the Nvivo's supported file formats list. For further details please refer here.

You might want to consider converting your XML file to excel file format.

I hope this will be helpful.

Regards,

How can i make input the settings for the code stripes so that the same are used across all the PDFs? I now have the impression i need to do this on a PDF per PDF basis 

Ok thanks very useful. I have 2 more queries:

- how can i make sure code stripes are set for all PDFs i imported. I now have the impression i need to set the stripe settings for each PDF

- if i run a code query, it does not through of an result even though i clearly have a result when i click on the codes. In the later case i see the excerpts of the text i code

Many thanks (sorry i am new inNvivo)

Wim

Hello @wim,

In order to enable coding stripes you need to open the file, code, case or memo in the Detail View. For further details please refer here.

There are multiple reasons that might lead to this. Could you please share a screenshot of your coding query criteria selection window?

Regards,

Hi Canarik

Here is the screenshot. If i do a query on the codes themselves, i see results. So the PDFs (or at least some have been coded)

2022-07-16.png

Hello again @wim,

It seems that you selected 12 codes for your "Coded to" scope.

However, please note that you chose -All- for  "of the following are true" scope which forces Nvivo to find a data piece which has been coded with all of the 12 codes you selected. If you get no results this meany that no data piece which satisfies this condition.

For further details please refer here.

Regards,

Hi Canarik

The display on my screen is not very convenient. If i open a PDF i get this. How can i reduce the space for the codes, increase the space for the text and not show the bookmarks?

Thanks

image.thumb.png.119ed0c4a73b3e0b6c1acb7fccfebfb2.png

Hello Wim,

Please refer here.

Regards,

Hi CAnarik

Another issue

When run a Matrix coding query, the first column only displays the title of the article. I also want to show the authors and the date of publication in the same column to identify the article more precise . How should i do this? Thanks again

image.thumb.png.97d24c9e99fe57af783b46a3e8a0cbd7.png

Hello @wim,

When you add your files on rows in a matrix coding query, Nvivo directly pulls file names as they are.

Therefore, if you would like to see those information in the same column, you need to name your files accordingly.

However, author and publication date are in fact demographic information for files. Instead of having file name , author, publication date in the same column, I would suggest to use classifications to assign this information as attributes. This will also allows you to sort/order/filter and query based on attribute values.

For further details please refer here.

Regards,