Save each reference of a code as a separate case

Go to solution Solved by canarik,

Basically what I want to do is to be able to look at each reference of one code so that I can see co-occurrence with other codes on a reference level. I can't think of any way to do this without having each reference as a separate case, but I have hundreds of references so this would be incredibly tedious to do manually.

If anyone has any suggestions for an easier way to accomplish what I need, I would be incredibly grateful. Please reach out if you need any clarification.

• Solution

Hello @Avital Pelakh,

The easiest way would be utilizing Matrix Coding Query.

Just put your "one code" on rows and all other codes on columns.

Resulting matrix will provide you number of references for each corresponding code.

For further details please refer here.

Regards,

Hello, I have a similar question relating to this!

I am trying to code for a word, eg: "reading", in comments. When I use the text search query for "reading reading"~15 within a comment using a custom context search, it only gives me 1 reference instead of 2 references. Is there a way for NVivo to define these as 2 unique references within a comment?

For example, comment (bold = custom context coding): "word word word word word word reading word word word word word, word word word word reading word word word word". NVivo counted the comment as 1 reference, when there are 2 occurrences of the word read/reading of "reading" within a comment. I would like NVivo to give me 2 references for this comment. 

Is there another way to do what I want to do? When I try "reading" in the text search query, it doesn't find both instances of reading within a comment, it only codes either the first instance or subsequent instances for various comments.

Thanks!

Hello @MAIx,

It is not possible to find stemmed words and spread coding at the same time.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have a comparative inquiry connecting with this!

I'm attempting to code for a word, eg: "perusing", in remarks. At the point when I utilize the text scan question for "perusing reading"~15 inside a remark utilizing a custom setting search, it just gives me 1 reference rather than 2 references. Is there a way for NVivo to characterize these as 2 one of a kind references inside a remark?

For instance, remark (strong = custom setting coding): "word word word perusing word word word, word word perusing word word". NVivo considered the remark 1 reference, when there are 2 events of the word read/perusing of "perusing" inside a remark. I would like NVivo to give me 2 references for this remark.

Is there one more method for doing what I need to do? At the point when I have a go at "perusing" in the text search question, it doesn't find the two occasions of perusing inside a remark, it just codes either the primary example or ensuing occurrences for different remarks.

Please contact me here: https://forums.nvivobyqsr.com/topic/11335-save-each-https://doradomanana.xyz/-reference-https://californialoteryresults.com/-of-a-code-as-a-separate-case/

Hello @Marianahuggan,

If you perform a text search query "perusing reading"~15 locates instances of "perusing" and "reading" when they occur within range of 15 words. Since the query looks for "persuing" and "reading" together, they would be count as 1.

To get what you want you can save your text query results as a code (let's name it  as "P-R code") with spread to settings arranged as you desire, then perform a second text search query for "persuing" with search in limited to "P-R code".

I hope this helps,

Regards,