haydee

haydee

Hello great Minds,

I am told to conduct "Review" of some National Marine Plans Documents. I conducted thematic analysis by doing some coding to make sense out of this documents. 

I followed through by doing axial coding and a host of others such as word cloud, Matrix Query. I was told that only the TA was useful and sensible. Please, what analysis can I use to call out specific information, make sense of these documents. As this is my methodology and I need to arrive at a conclusion and results based on this study. 

I look forward to your feedback.

Thank you very much. 

Hello @haydee,

First off all, in qualitative analysis there is no fixed rule that limits the analysis to a specific method/technique. Based on the aspects that you would like to present you can use all available analytical tools.

Next, official documents are generally structured in nature, thus you can either follow same structure for your coding or consider evaluating them based on the topics that are already discussed in the relevant literature.

I would also suggest you to have a look to topics in Literature Review Club here.

I hope this helps,

Regards,