Coding Comparison Problem

LucM

Hello all,

A friend has done all the coding in a project on Nvivo for Mac. She has sent me the files and her codebook, and I have done a second coding on my Nvivo Windows. She then sent me her own coding, which I imported in Nvivo. I then ran a coding comparison, as explained here for instance. 

The problem is that the column "A and B" in the subsequent report is filled with 0. The other columns, in particular "A and not B" or "B and not A" looks normal at first sight. Looking at specific bit of coding, it appears that Nvivo does not detect when my friend and I agreed on the coding. It displays it in column "A and not B" and "B and not A" (i.e., counting it as two disagreement, even though we agreed!). 

Do you have any idea what could cause that?

Hello Canarik,

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Unfortunately, I have already read this page, which suggests that the problem may arise when you are missing the coding done by one person. In my case, I do have the coding done by both users. Do you see another way this problem could happen? 

Thank you so much in advance

Hello again @LucM,

This would require further investigation with the project file.

Please submit a support request form following: https://support.qsrinternational.com/nvivo/s/contactsupport/contact-support-form

Regards,

Hello,

Thank you very much! Before sending the request, there is a new element I would like to share. My colleague, when exporting the code in excel saw that NVivo attributes a number to each code. This number appears to be different for the same code for each of our file.

I am thinking this could explain the problem we are facing. What do you think?

If this is the case, do you know of a way to access and modify this number?

Thank you very much in advance,

Luc