Hello All

Need some advice on coding...

We need muliptle researchers coding on the same project at the same time.

What is the safest way to do this? At the moment the project is located on a shared drive, should we create a back up copy and move this and then later merge with the original once coding is completed?

Jacqui :rolleyes:

Hi Jacqui

I wish I'd gotten to you a little sooner, given your other posting. :(

I would create a 'master' project which you can then copy for each researcher to work on. Then when they have finished coding you can merge them together using the Import Project function. I would avoid having multiple people trying to access the same project. It may take a bit of fiddling around after the merge to get your tree node structures into a consistent/logical format (assuming these weren't set up in your master project) but these can be easily restructured by merging common nodes, and moving nodes from place to place.

Also, see my other posting about accessing projects across networks.

Regards

Daniel Buffett

QSR International

• 4 weeks later...

Daniel

Thanks for the advice and I will have a look at other posting, we have been coding in seperate copies of the project anyway until I was clear on best way forward so your advice fits with what we have done more or less.

Thanks for getting back to me. :)

Jacqui@TP

Hi Jacqui

I wish I'd gotten to you a little sooner, given your other posting. :(

I would create a 'master' project which you can then copy for each researcher to work on. Then when they have finished coding you can merge them together using the Import Project function. I would avoid having multiple people trying to access the same project. It may take a bit of fiddling around after the merge to get your tree node structures into a consistent/logical format (assuming these weren't set up in your master project) but these can be easily restructured by merging common nodes, and moving nodes from place to place.

Also, see my other posting about accessing projects across networks.

Regards

Daniel Buffett

QSR International