importing attributes from SPSS

Hi

I am in the process of imorting an attributes table from SPSS into N7. I have dont this succesfully before but the current dataset and attributes table is very large and has some missing data in it - I wanted to avoid having to troll through 1000's of cases to replaces missing data with some kind of text and just leave them blank or missing. Will I need to select a partilcuar 'unassigned value format' from the drop down menu to ensure it treats msissing data?

Thanks in advance !

Jacqui

:)

Hi Jacqui,

There should be no need to fill in the blank cells back in your SPSS table. When you import your table via Import Casebook, NVivo 7 by default will replace the blank cell with an Unassigned label.

You can check this after import by using the column filter to show value in Column (e.g. Gender) is 'equal to unassigned'. Filtering can also be useful if you need to add a value later, particularly if you have a huge casebook like you describe.

Hope that helps

Sue

Brilliant Sue, Thanks for the quick reply !

Cheers

Jacqui

:)

Hi Jacqui,

There should be no need to fill in the blank cells back in your SPSS table. When you import your table via Import Casebook, NVivo 7 by default will replace the blank cell with an Unassigned label.

You can check this after import by using the column filter to show value in Column (e.g. Gender) is 'equal to unassigned'. Filtering can also be useful if you need to add a value later, particularly if you have a huge casebook like you describe.

Hope that helps

Sue