Elaine.Regan

SQL Server 2005 setup error installing SP4

Hi,

Last month i installed the SP3 without any difficulties, but today, as i've been trying to install SP4 I am experiencing many problems.

Firstly, i got the message:

The SQL server 205 setup was unable to install on your computer

Then the message:

Installer error code 2259 Database: Tables Update failed

and

error 1627

Having looked at the forum, i've disabled the firewall and tried again....no cigar! I've restarted and tried again, with the same result.

Is this a SP4 problem, or a problem my pc?

I'm keen to have the latest service pack installed as i'm about to embark on a large chunk of analysis of mixed methods combining 166 interviews, 83 sets of field notes, 83 surveys and 83 rating scales. I'd rather have the increased capabilities from the service pack before getting stuck in. Please help?????

Thanks,

NVivo 7 fan!

Dear purpleronney,

Thanks for your post. Due to the nature of this issue potentially being specific to your machine and/or environment, I would advise you to come into us at:

http://www.qsrinternational.com/support/he...sk/helpdesk.htm

And log a support request, including information on your operating system version, what version you are upgrading from, and other updates you have performed to NVivo 7 over time.

This will allow us to work with you individually to see if it is a singluar issue, or something that needs to be posted here as a general announcement on this issue.

I look forward to your support request,

Matthew

Hi,

Last month i installed the SP3 without any difficulties, but today, as i've been trying to install SP4 I am experiencing many problems.

Firstly, i got the message:

The SQL server 205 setup was unable to install on your computer

Then the message:

Installer error code 2259 Database: Tables Update failed

and

error 1627

Having looked at the forum, i've disabled the firewall and tried again....no cigar! I've restarted and tried again, with the same result.

Is this a SP4 problem, or a problem my pc?

I'm keen to have the latest service pack installed as i'm about to embark on a large chunk of analysis of mixed methods combining 166 interviews, 83 sets of field notes, 83 surveys and 83 rating scales. I'd rather have the increased capabilities from the service pack before getting stuck in. Please help?????

Thanks,

NVivo 7 fan!

I do not think this is a problem with your machine. I have the exact same 2 error codes i have windows xp home and nvivo 7. It a microsoft problem hopefully they can fix. I get the same problem when I try to update the sql update available with automatic updates . What a pain! :(

Hello all,

The issue above (SQL Error 2259) we have identified to be a conflict between Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition & Microsoft's SQL Express Service Pack 2, hence why it is not just QSR users getting this error. However, for NVivo 7, we can offer a work around this issue.

From Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs:

1. Uninstall Nvivo7

2. Uninstall Microsoft SQL Server 2005

3. Uninstall Microsoft SQL Server VSS Writer

4. Uninstall Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files – if still exist.

5. Uninstall Microsoft SQL Server Native Client

6. Install full version of Nvivo7 Service Pack 4 from this link: http://download.qsrinternational.com/Softw...7/NVivo%207.exe

Please come into our support team directly at support@qsrinternational.com if you need any further assistance or have any further queries.

Kind Regards,

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

I'm experiencing exactly the same problems that all people have mentioned here:

- I get error 2559 and 1627 when installing SP4, and

- NVivo 7 crashes at least five times a day - it happens most of the times when I want to open a node, and as it has happened to other people, I lose work that I had saved before it crashes).

Should I follow your suggestions of uninstalling and re-installing? If I do so, would I lose my info/projects? Do I have to make a copy of them before following these instructions?

Thanks.

Dear ucfumfr,

If you are experiencing the SQL error above, I would recommend that you follow the above listed steps to resolve.

If this has any unexpected results, and also, to dicuss your other queries, please come in to us at support@qsrinternational.com to allow us to investigate with you directly.

Kind regards,

Matthew

Hello all,

The issue above (SQL Error 2259) we have identified to be a conflict between Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition & Microsoft's SQL Express Service Pack 2, hence why it is not just QSR users getting this error. However, for NVivo 7, we can offer a work around this issue.

1. Uninstall Nvivo7

6. Install full version of Nvivo7 Service Pack 4 from this link: http://download.qsrinternational.com/Softw...7/NVivo%207.exe

Please come into our support team directly at support@qsrinternational.com if you need any further assistance or have any further queries.

Kind Regards,

Matthew

Hello Matthew.

Thanks for being so clear in what to do - I followed your instructions precisely.

I did not need to go to my backup system as all existing projects survived exactly as they were before I started the process.

Michael :lol:

I uninstalled and reinstalled as you suggested , then checked microsoft updates and now it apperas to be all up to date.

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the advise on fixing the problem. I gave up trying to sort it initially as i was having lots of other problems that were associated with my laptop. In addition, since the NVivo licence that i had was an educational one through the University, your initial suggestion of contacting the IT team at work was dead in the water, as personally purchased equipment used for work purposes are not supported by the IT team! :( Only software on equipment purchased and owned by the University.

When i encountered the same problem installing NVivo 7 onto my partners machine i suspected that it may have been a Windows XP home edition problem. Will try your suggestions now on both my laptop and my partners' machine and hopefully all will be well in my Nvivo 7 world :unsure:

Thanks again,

Elaine

Hello all,

1. Uninstall Nvivo7

Kind Regards,

Matthew

I hate to say it, but this is happening with XP professional and Windows 2000 sp4 as well. I am presently downloading the full version of NVivo7 sp4 and hopefully this issue will resolve. :(