yepstein

Add a Save Project As option

I know how to rename a project from the properties option. Each day that I work on the project I want to save the project with a new name so that I can then move the old named project to a backup folder and work on the newer version with the new name. That way, if I decide to revert to a previous version for some reason I can do that. Is it possible to save projects with a different name? Most Windows programs give a "save as" choice but I have not been able to locate this in NVIVO 7.

Yakov

I know how to rename a project from the properties option. Each day that I work on the project I want to save the project with a new name so that I can then move the old named project to a backup folder and work on the newer version with the new name. That way, if I decide to revert to a previous version for some reason I can do that. Is it possible to save projects with a different name? Most Windows programs give a "save as" choice but I have not been able to locate this in NVIVO 7.

Yakov

Hello Yakov,

Currently you can make a copy of a project within NVivo only when the project is closed from the File->Copy Project menu. Alternatively, you can copy a closed project file within Windows File Manager.

We will add the ability to save a copy of an open project file within NVivo in the next release.

Regards

Adam