I'm trying to extend the license key by using the command nvivo -e xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx under vista (I found it somewhere in the documentation) ; however nothing has changed which comes to a point I have to uninstall & reinstall it again(License has expired and not allowing me to activate it through the help menu ).

That's really annoyed, I am wondering is there a way to extend/change the key?

• 10 months later...

Hi ous_nick and cbeit,

If your software has expired, you need to extend the license with a new license key and then activate. Not sure whether you have both obtained a license via your University through a site license arrangement, but I would suggest you first check with your software administrator (or the person you received the key from originally)to see if they can provide you with a new license key.

Alternatively, if you contact the QSR support team via the support form and provide the license key you are currently using, they will be able to confirm the current status of this key.

Hope that helps

Sue