ofabro

Edit from node

Hi there,

Maybe other people would like this feature as well. My main sources are made of transcribed interviews, and because they might have more than one interviewee in it (and because I cannot use drag and drop coding directly from transcribed sources) I created nodes for each interviewee and use these as the source for coding.

What is happening quite quite often I spot typos that I would like to correct, but I cannot do it because source edit is not possible in nodes, only in sources. However, it would help if I could select the text I want to change in the node and simply be able to enable a "temporary edit the selection" option, correcting the typo straight from the node.

The work-around I have right now is to right click, select "open referred source" and go to another tab-window and correct it. But this is not as quick as editing the text straight in the code window...

best

fabrolino

Hello!

There is another operation needed to be done from the level of a node. I arrange some topics into free and tree nodes. When I create "see also link" from the memo to some part of a coded text (I read it from the node) and want to mark not entire source but only a part, the "pop-up" window on which I had to mark the proper text is the whole source - not the node. So, at first I need to find the coded text in entire source, than find it in this pop-up window. This direction "from memo to coded text" is significant, be cause I can see the existing of the see also links.

Maybe it's possible to mark both sides of see also link from - red wave, to - some other mark? And then when exporting memo ther should be option to attach "see also links - from" or "see also links - to"? I'm sure that this would complicate the software algorythm but I think this would enhance the funcionality.

Best regards,

Maciej.