How can I run a matrix query and save it as a node? I tried "selected items" but it didn't get saved as a node. And the "Add to Project" menu forces me to save it as a matrix.

And why when I go to the Help menu within NVivo8 do I get nothing? It has been this way for over a month. this has all been rather frustrating.

thanks, Paula

How can I run a matrix query and save it as a node? I tried "selected items" but it didn't get saved as a node. And the "Add to Project" menu forces me to save it as a matrix.

And why when I go to the Help menu within NVivo8 do I get nothing? It has been this way for over a month. this has all been rather frustrating.

thanks, Paula

One option is to run the matrix (with results saved in the results area of Queries), then copy the matrix result from the List view, and paste it in as a Tree Node. The columns will be turned into nodes with Rows as subnodes (so each cell becomes its own node in a tree). Hope that helps.

Hello Paula,

In relation to going to the Help menu within NVivo 8 and seeing nothing, are you referring to the NVivo 8 online Help?

If you are then this issue is more related to the browser you're using to view the online help. Can you confirm if you have Google Chrome set as your default Internet browser?

We have notice some users using the Chrome browser and getting a compatibility issue when viewing the online Help. We believe it's relating to the Java script needed to display the contents within the online help.

I would suggest you set another browser like I.E or Firefox as a default and see if the problem persists.

If the above suggestion doesn't resolve the issue please send a direct email to QSR Support at support@qsrinternational.com for further investigation.

Regards,

David Tran