Hi everyone!

I URGENTLY NEED YOUR HELP. I HAVE A NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7 OPERATING SYSTEM, I NEED TO KNOW IF THERE IS A NVIVO8 COMPATIBLE VERSION WITH WINDOWS 7. I HAVE STARTED MY PROJECT IN WINDOWS XP , HOWEVER MY PC CRASHED DOWN FEW WEEKS AGO AND IN THE END I HAD TO BUY A NEW COMPUTER.I AM RUNNING OUT OF TIME AS I NEED TO FINISH MY THESIS BY JULY/2010.

ANY HELP WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED.

THANK YOU

MALU

Hi Malu,

You should have no problems installing NVivo 8 on your new Windows 7 computer. I'm not sure whether you have the software on a CD or perhaps via your institution, but I would suggest you download the 30 day trial software which is available on the QSR website at: http://www.qsrinternational.com/products_free-trial-software.aspx?productid=18. This version of the software includes all service packs as well as the files required for a Windows 7 installation. So download this version and install using your license key (rather than the 30 day trial license key).

After installation, you will be asked to activate the software. Because you have already done this on the machine that crashed, you may receive an activation error, but don't be too concerned. If this happens, email the QSR support team at their support form and they will get you up and running.

Only thing to do then is copy your project file from your backup to your local drive and open.

Good luck with meeting your July deadline.

Hope that helps

Sue

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi Malu,

You should have no problems installing NVivo 8 on your new Windows 7 computer. I'm not sure whether you have the software on a CD or perhaps via your institution, but I would suggest you download the 30 day trial software which is available on the QSR website at: http://www.qsrinternational.com/products_free-trial-software.aspx?productid=18. This version of the software includes all service packs as well as the files required for a Windows 7 installation. So download this version and install using your license key (rather than the 30 day trial license key).

After installation, you will be asked to activate the software. Because you have already done this on the machine that crashed, you may receive an activation error, but don't be too concerned. If this happens, email the QSR support team at at their support form and they will get you up and running.

Only thing to do then is copy your project file from your backup to your local drive and open.

Good luck with meeting your July deadline.

Hope that helps

Sue

Thanks so much for the 30-day trial link Sue! I just upgraded my OS from winxp to win7 2 days ago. Good thing I found this thread before I could post for help biggrin.gif.

Downloaded the trial version and entered the license key instead of the trial key and it worked just fine.

Cheers,