Sign in to follow this  
alexquse

cluster, tree map make nvivo crash

Hello

Visualization(cluster, map) make nvivo crash:

I try different project of different size, the result is always the same (crash at 39%)

Version = 9.0.204.0

Exception = System.TypeInitializationException

Message = The type initializer for '<Module>' threw an exception.

FullText = System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '<Module>' threw an exception. ---> <CrtImplementationDetails>.ModuleLoadException: The C++ module failed to load during appdomain initialization.

---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Le fichier spécifié est introuvable

at CModuleInitialize.LoadWpfGfx(CModuleInitialize* )

at CModuleInitialize.{ctor}(CModuleInitialize* )

at ?A0xe692ec63.??__E?A0xe692ec63@cmiStartupRunner@@YMXXZ()

at _initterm_m((fnptr)* pfbegin, (fnptr)* pfend)

at <CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.InitializePerAppDomain(LanguageSupport* )

at <CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport._Initialize(LanguageSupport* )

at <CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.Initialize(LanguageSupport* )

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at <CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.Initialize(LanguageSupport* )

at .cctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QSR.NVivo.Client.Presentation.Forms.SimilarityDiagramDetailForm.a()

at QSR.NVivo.Client.Presentation.Forms.SimilarityDiagramDetailForm..ctor(SimilarityDiagram A_0, Boolean A_1)

at QSR.NVivo.Client.Presentation.Forms.NVivoApplication.OpenSimilarityDiagramDetailForm(SimilarityDiagram A_0)

at QSR.NVivo.Client.Presentation.Forms.NVivoApplication.f(ContainerControl A_0)

at QSR.NVivo.Client.Presentation.Forms.NVivoApplication.OnToolClick(Control A_0, Object A_1, ToolClickEventArgs A_2)

at QSR.NVivo.Client.Presentation.Forms.NVivoApplication.a(Object A_0, ToolClickEventArgs A_1)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.FireEvent(ToolbarEventIds id, EventArgs e)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick()

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupToolBase.OnToolClick()

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.DoClickProcessing(MouseEventArgs e)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUpHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

at Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraControlBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsDockArea.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Hello Alex,

Thank you for posting this information. I have asked one of my colleagues to look into this, so she will be in contact to gather more information and get to the bottom of your problem.

In the interim, I was wondering if you have another PC you could install NVivo on and try again? I have a hunch it might be an installation problem.

Thanks

Darren

I have a hunch it might be an installation problem.

Thank you for your suggestion. I 'm looking for this hypothesis: the installation of sql server wasn't straightforward. I had to install it manually. I'll reinstall the whole, retest and I come back to you.

Alex

EDIT,9:50 PM:

OK, I uninstall all the sql stuff (big bloody mess) and nvivo (9 and 8). Then I re-install the whole and now everything seem to work! (I'd just an error with the microsoft cristal report 2005 of nvivo 8!!? but it also seems to work...).

Thank you very much

Dear Alex,

This is Sugatri from QSR. Thanks so much for reinstalling NVivo 9 along with SQL. However, we suspect that the issue could be related to NVivo 9 installation rather than SQL Express. Can I ask you to confirm if you are able to run Visualizations successfully?

Kind Regards,

Sugatri B,

QSR International.

Can I ask you to confirm if you are able to run Visualizations successfully?

Yes. Now, visualizations run perfectly!

Thank you.

Alex