The mixed methods coach

Add Features to Quick Access Toolbar

Hi everyone,

Could we please have the option of adding more functions onto the NVivo toolbar? All Microsoft Office applications offer such feature (only by right-clicking on the desired function) which greatly reduces the searching time across tabs and subsequent clicking.

For instance, I must change the Detail View from Right to Bottom display about 30 times per day depending on how I need the information to be displayed in a NVivo project. Always having to go click first on the View Tab, then click on Detail View, and click on the display I want is really repetitive and should be made much efficient. Instead, I would like to be able to click on the Right or Bottom display icons directly on the toolbar.

At present only 7 functions are available on the toolbar, and I did not find a place in Project Options or Project Properties to add more functions onto it.

Many thanks,

Marie-Hélène

Thanks Marie-Hélène - this has been requested by others also and will be considered for an upcoming release.

Regards,

Hi Marie-Hélène,

Service Pack 1 for NVivo 10 was released today, and it includes the ability to fully customize the ribbon’s Quick Access Toolbar.

In the Quick Access Toolbar, click on the right-hand drop-down button to open the Customize Quick Access Toolbar menu, and then select More Commands.

You can download Service Pack 1 as a free upgrade to NVivo 10 from http://www.qsrinternational.com/support_downloads_detail.aspx?productversionid=51.

Regards,