evand

Bad quality of images

When I add images to my project, the quality of the image in detail view is quite poor. Diagonal lines have jaggies, text in the images are blurry, etc.

The "Compress" dialog is set to a quality of 95 (which is as high as it goes).

The images I imported from are high-quality TIFF files. And when I export the files from NVivo, the quality is fine. It's just that while the images are in NVivo's detail view, they look lousy.

What can I do to fix this? Working with images is the basis of my research, and I need them to display with decent quality.

Hi evand,

The poor quality you’re seeing in detail view is normal and does not affect the quality of the Picture Source from the Internals folder.

We have designed NVivo this way to differentiate the coded region from the non-coded areas.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Hi

I think you mis-understood the problem I'm describing. Are you talking about viewing the pictures in the node view (below)? That's not my complaint

dim.png

Instead, I'm concerned about the image quality when viewing the source. In the first image, one of the dotted lines is supposed to have a different colour; it's very noticable & clear in the original, in NVivo you can barely see the colouring. In the second image, the type and lines should be clear; instead they're blurry and jaggy.

bad-quality.png

bad-quality-2.png

Hi evand,

The poor quality you’re seeing in detail view is normal and does not affect the quality of the Picture Source from the Internals folder.

We have designed NVivo this way to differentiate the coded region from the non-coded areas.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Hi evand.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

This is best dealt with by emailing QSR Support directly at support@qsrinternational.com.

We will need your project file in order to further investigate this issue.

To send your project file:

1. Navigate to your project file located on your computer

2. Right mouse click on the project file

3. Select Send To > Compressed (Zipped) folder

4. A zipped (compressed) version of your project file will be created. Attach this zipped file to your email reply

Note: There are restrictions with the file size that you can email me. If the zipped file is over 10MB, please let me know and provide the actual size of the zipped file (right-click on the file and select ‘Properties’ to view its size). I can then set up a secure facility provided by software called Dropbox for you to upload your project.

Please be advised that QSR acknowledges that research data can be sensitive and as such, we’re committed to treating customer data in the strictest of confidence.

Kind regards,

David Tran