Hi everybody,

I have had few problems with Nvivo. One of them was discussed with QSR support via email and file send them to investigate. I have an other problem I hope you help to sort it out.

I use my Nvivo 10 on mac OS via Parallels 8. I disable windows internet access because as Mac OS and Win Os share same computers internet adaptor, internet speed reduces dramatically. The best way is disable Win Os internet access. However, when I disable Window internet access Nvivo 10 does not open. It brings me up the activation screen and it requires re activation, although I have more than 400 days left in my licence. If I click cancel, it closes itself. Basically I am not able to open Nvivo 10 without internet.

I just wonder, if there is way around it, perhaps any change in the setting etc. I would be grateful, if you helped me to sort this out.

Regards,

Melih Bozkurt

Hello Malih,

Thank you for your post. We have already sent you an email response concerning your first issue. I hope you have found it useful.

When you disable the internet, NVivo tries to look for a different network connection. Due to the change in the network connection’s MAC address, you’re prompted to activate again. This is because NVivo detects this as a new computer.

I have sent you an email with the steps you need to take to rectify this issue.

Regards,
Richard