Fastest way to export source codes for multiple docs?

I have been using NVivo to manage panel data, coding certain passages in interview transcripts for years 1, 2 and 3 of the study. I need to generate a "profile" of a source document in such a way that I can tell which additional nodes were coded in each document's content for year 1, year 2, and year 3.

I do not have a sense of how to do this in NVivo 9. I can generate a coding profile by using the Chart feature, and looking at the additional tab behind the generated graph, but I do not then have the ability to filter or sort by the year (or by other nodes).

To complicate this, I need to generate multi-dimensional coding profiles for about 600 source documents. So a point-and-click strategy will not be sufficient. If this were a different program, I could write a code loop to pull the info and spit it out... but I do not think there is a "back side" of NVivo where I could write such an export loop.

Help?!

LPrice

Hi LPrice,

A couple of questions:

1. Does a single source document (interview transcript) contain data for years 1, 2 and 3, or only for a single year?
  2. You say you have 600 source documents. Are you after 600 different "profiles" ("I need to generate a "profile" of a source document...") or are you after a single profile covering all documents, which you can filter by year (or other nodes)?

Kind regards,