moeen

Nvivo Crashing a Lot and Auto save option

QSRSupport    76

Hi Moeen,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with NVivo crashing.

Please follow the steps below and let us know if the issue persists:

1) Launch NVivo

2) Go to the File menu -> Options

3) Tick the option ‘Display plain text for nodes with'

4) Click Apply

5) Click OK

6) Close down NVivo

7) Re-launch NVivo and check to see if the issue persists.

If the problem persists, rename your NVivo 10 customization folder. Note, taking this action will reset any customization you have set up and your 'My Recent Projects' list on the Welcome screen will be refreshed. If you use NVivo 8 & 9 on the same PC these steps will also reset any customization you have setup in that program.

Next time you open NVivo 10, navigate to where your project is located and double-click on the project icon to open it. This action will place the project name back in the 'My Recent Projects' list.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. With NVivo 10 closed, open Windows Explorer

a) Right-click on the Windows Start circle -> Explore.

2. Display all hidden files and folders:

a) Click on Organize -> Folder and Search Options

B) On the 'Folder Options' dialog, click on the View tab and check 'Show hidden files and folders' option

c) Click on the Apply button and click OK.

3. Navigate to the following folders:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\QSR_International

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\QSR_International

4. Within these folders, rename all folders where the name starts with NVivo.exe_Url (e.g rename to old NVivo.exe_Url).

Once you have tried these steps, see if NVivo continues to crash. If the problem persists, please lodge a support call at http://www.qsrinternational.com/support_contact-support.aspx

Cheers,

Simon

Gareth    0

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problems with NVivo 10 crashing A LOT!. I have tried to make sure I save multiple versions (which isn't ideal given the size of the projects that I need to work with), however, the last version that I saved wouldn't even open and I wasn't able to revert to previous versions as it said I didn't have permission to view the file. This has cost me a lot of time and I need to know that the problem can be fixed before I start to redo all that work in NVivo.

I have attached the files as a zip file to this request as I received a reply to my email stating that it was an unmanned inbox and that I should not expect to receive a reply.

Please let me know ASAP if there is anything that can be done to stop NVivo 10 crashing on my system!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Gareth

LogFiles.zip

QSRSupport    76

Hi Gareth,

From your logs, it looks like you are using a much older version of NVivo 10 for Windows. I suggest first updating to the latest version of the software (service pack 6), which you can get from http://www.qsrinternational.com/support_downloads_detail.aspx?productversionid=44

If you are still having problems after this, fill out a support form at http://www.qsrinternational.com/support_contact-support.aspx, and attach any new log files to this support form, and we can investigate further.

Cheers,

Simon