cjchristi

Can I make a copy of my project?

I want to make a copy of my project so that I have a back up. I also want to share my project with a peer so that a peer can code a sample of my data.

Based on what I am seeing on the comparison chart (Windows vs Mac versions) the Mac version does not support coding comparison between users.

I don't see any info about making copies of my project (only how I can copy the sample project that comes with Nvivo). Am I missing something? Trying not to freak out.......

:wacko:

Hi cjchristi,

You are not missing something. Currently there is no in-app option for creating a copy of your project and there is no way of comparing different users.

However, no need to freak out :rolleyes:

There is a solution is you want to copy your project: The old school way.

After you have finished your coding, just save it and close Nvivo. Next, in finder select your project file, right click and select copy file, then paste it in a different folder.

Your copy is ready and you can rename it later as you desire.

Regards,

Ok, that's great! Thank you.

Now, I want to copy my nodes so that I can share that report (of nodes with definitions and coding rules) with my coder. I just discovered there is no way to generate a report with my codes/nodes because the Mac version does not support reports...is there a work-around for that?

Hello,

This is the first commercial release of NVivo for Mac. Our aim is to support your work by continually adding new functionality. These features will be added based on your valuable feedback via regular free software updates in the coming months.

In the interim as a workaround, you can Export all the references in a Node(s). The exported file(s) shows the Node’s coding references grouped by Source.

Please refer to the link below for detailed information on how to Export a Node with coding references.

http://help-nv10mac.qsrinternational.com/desktop/procedures/export_nodes.htm#MiniTOCBookMark3

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Faraaz Khan

I don't have the right click feature on my mac. How do I copy my file without it? When I right click (or at least hit the right side of my mouse) nothing happens or I end up with a file with the same name that has a ~ at the end of it. This seems like some kind of phantom file.

Thanks for your help.