I want to create a report pretty similar to the 'Coding Summary By Node Report' (inbuilt in Nvivo10) but I want to be able to see the 'child node' coding.

I have a theme (parent node) and about 5-6 child nodes under it. I want it all in one report (i.e. I don't want a separate report for each child node) - but I do want to be able to see at a glance which child node I coded the different bits of text at.

How to do this as a customised report?

Thanks!

Hi Sarina,

Have you tried filtering the coding summary by node report to just include the node and child node that you are looking at? You can do this by running the report and when it asks if you want to filter results, tick Node.Hierarchical Name and then choose the nodes in question.

If you need something more specific or slightly different, let me know and we can take it from there.

Cheers,

Simon

• 3 months later...

Hi Yadev,

You can create this port using the report designer wizard. The steps are as follows:

1. Open NVivo and chose New Report -> Wizard from the Explore tab of the ribbon.
  2. In the Wizard, chose From a View -> Node and press next
  3. Now add the following fields: Node.Name, Node.Coded Source.Name and Coded Source.Coding Reference.Coded Text
  4. Press next
  5. Add any filters or grouping that you need.
  6. Set the layout options
  7. Name the report and press Finish.

This should give you the report you want.

Cheers

Simon