Sign in to follow this  
Robert55

how to create a word frequency report for coding that is present in two or more nodes?

Hi,

As a beginner I run into some things that are not (like much of NVivo - Chapeau!) entirely intuitive. I have imported a spreadsheet from survey monkey and auto coded all the rows and columns (respondents versus questions). In addition I have created an expanding bunch of nodes that deal with the content of my survey. Some of the questions represent two opposing poles of a statement. Through the use of a matrix coding query I can fairly simply combine all of the coding that relates to the intersection of one particular aspect (as defined by a 'content/topic' node) and a set of say three questions (also defined as nodes). I am interested in examining the word usage of one pole as against the opposite. How do I create from the matrix (one row with three columns) a single new entity that I can subject to a word frequency analysis? I have tried a number of 'intuitive' ways, but can't get it done, yet I feel there must be a simple way (that is probably why I don't see it!)

Thanks for looking at this!

Kindest regards,

Robert

Well NVivo has done it again,

just a little bit of playing using booleans (AND/OR) allowed me through the use of 'Coding' under Query to create a 'New Node' - drop down box labelled 'Preview Only' on the Query Options tab of the 'Coding Query' window. Guess it is back to the sand box to play some more...the Word Cloud looked terrific

Regards,

Robert

case closed (won't be so trigger happy next time!)