NCapture - When will NfM be able to import videos, social media, etc

csarge

Hi - i am wondering when Nvivo for Mac will be able to work directly with youtube videos, facebook pages, etc. I find myself dealing with lots of youtube videos in particular. In lieu of NCapture being able to work these directly, are people using some sort of app/add on with their web browser to export videos, fbook pages, etc. and then important into Nvivo?

thanks!

Hi,

NCapture in NVivo for Mac should let you capture Facebook and YouTube pages as PDF files, but capturing as a dataset is not currently supported. At this time we do not have a specific date for when NVivo for Mac will be able to import and use datasets, but I will pass on your desire to see this functionality in NVivo for Mac to our product manager for his consideration.

Cheers,

Tane

• 10 months later...

Hi there,

Any better about this issue? I have problems in importing videos from youtube into NVivo 11 for Mac.

Cheers,
B

Hi,

NCapture in NVivo for Mac should let you capture Facebook and YouTube pages as PDF files, but capturing as a dataset is not currently supported. At this time we do not have a specific date for when NVivo for Mac will be able to import and use datasets, but I will pass on your desire to see this functionality in NVivo for Mac to our product manager for his consideration.

Cheers,

Tane

Archived