csarge

foot pedal

csarge    9

can you use the transcribing program in NVivo with a footpedal? i am specfically considering the : Infinity USB Digital Foot Control with Computer plug (IN-USB2)

QSRSupport    76
Hi,

We are aware of users being able to successfully use foot pedals with NVivo, however we have not conducted any formal testing.

Generally, users will receive software with their transcription pedals that allow them to configure the pedal for different applications. They will need to follow the instructions provided with their pedal to work with NVivo.

Please refer to the link below for details about one particular brand of foot pedal:

Cheers,

Tane

QSRSupport    76

Hi,

I apologise - I misread the original post.

NVivo for Mac has not had any specific testing done with foot-pedals and we cannot guarantee that it will work. However, if you can find a foot pedal that emulates keyboard presses that can be configured to let you choose what keyboard presses to send then it should work, but as I mentioned previously we cannot say for sure and it is not supported.

Users on the forum may be able to shed some light, or if you have access to a foot pedal you can test that may be the best way to go.

Cheers,

Tane

Juan Fraile    0

I use that Infinity pedal with InqScribe, which it is for free. It works really nice. I recommend use it with the option of skipping 1 second. This command will back up that 1 second before resuming play.

Regards,

Juan