kmmitchell

lose location in word document after coding - returns to top of document

HI all, i'm trying to code several transcripts saved as Word documents. I find each time I code the document at an existing node, after doing so, the document loses my current place and instead returns to the top of the page, meaning I have to scroll all the way back down to where I was at each time, which is frustrating.

My text is in a table, don't know if this may explain the issue.

Has anyone else encountered this and is there a workaround at all?

Thanks!

Kate

Hi, yes I am using 10.2.0. I have the feeling that this was a previous issue noted as 'resolved' in this version, however I'm experiencing this issue in 10.2.0 Nvivo for Mac, on OSX Yosemite 10.10.2.

If anyone else can vouch for this, that'd be great. If there's a workaround as well I'd love to know.

Hi Kate,

Can you please submit an online support form (http://www.qsrinternational.com/support_contact-support.aspx) so that we can further investigate the problem?

Please also try transcribing something in the sample project ‘Environmental Change Down East’ and let us know in the support form how that went.

Cheers,

Tane

Have submitted an online form.

Have noted that it scrolls/changes location slightly on the sample project, but still stays relatively in a similar spot so not a big issue. However on mine it move the document to a completely different spot, like the end of the document. I'm guessing it's something to do with the fact that all my text is inside a table, and Nvivo is having trouble with this.

Was this resolved? A similar thing is happening to me, except it brings me to the bottom. It's a transcript that I coded in NVivo and I have exported it, made a few changes, and reimported it. I'm running version Version 10.2.2 (1380).

Thanks,

Raychel

Hi Raychel,

We haven't come across this issue lately and I was also unable to reproduce the issue on my machine which has same NVivo for Mac version installed. Could you submit a support request via http://www.qsrinternational.com/customer-support and provide me a video recording of the issue as it happens on your screen?

Regards,

Bhupesh