FC227

NVivo quit unexpectedly

Dear all,

When trying to open a file that was covered from pc to mac, my Nvivo systematically crashes. Can you please advise how to fix this problem? I attached the crash report that is generated.

Kind regards
Frederik

Crash report Nvivo.docx

Hi Frederik,

Can you please advise if you are running version 10.2 of NVivo for Mac? You can check by opening NVivo and from the toolbar going to NVivo > About NVivo. If you are not running version 10.2, you can update from our website: http://www.qsrinternational.com/support_downloads.aspx

If the issue persists our you’re already running 10.2, please submit a support form at http://www.qsrinternational.com/support_contact-support.aspx and include your NVivo Error Logs which can be found here:

NVivo for Mac error logs are named like ‘log-XXXXXX.txt’ and are usually present in the NVivo folder located in your Library folder. Refer to the instructions below to find NVivo error logs on your Mac.

1. Open Finder

2. Hold down the Option key

3. Choose Go > Library.

4. Go to Logs folder > NVivo folder and look for files named log-XXXXX.txt

Cheers,

Tane

I am running NVivo 10.2.0 for mac and it has quit unexpectedly/crashed several times over the past month. Each time I lost all the coding that belongs to a particular file, not just what's been done that day. Please advise!

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that software is crashing repeatedly.

Could you provide me the latest NVivo for Mac crash logs and error logs by replying to my email so that we can investigate the issue?

Regards,

Bhupesh