csarge

Merging files

Hi all - I have some interviews that are split up into different files (the person had to go check on lunch, take a phone call, etc etc). Is there any way to merge these different segments in NVivo into one file so I can have a full transcript rather than 3 different chunks? I tried to see what the "merge" function might do... But it didn't do anything.

Thanks!

Hi,

The merge function available in NVivo can be used to merge the nodes. However, it is not possible for merge the sources(documents, pdfs etc.) in NVivo.

You can export your documents, merge them in Microsoft Word and reimport into NVivo.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Bhupesh

Hi,

I researched further regarding your query and found a better solution.

You can manually merge the documents in NVivo 10 by cutting the text from your existing document and pasting into other/new document. You can later delete the unwanted documents. This will allow you to keep the coding you have already done for the documents.

If you have separate project files, you can merge them and perform above steps if required. Please refer to the link below for more information:

http://help-nv10.qsrinternational.com/desktop/procedures/import_items_from_another_nvivo_project.htm

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Bhupesh