Hello,

I recently upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 and while all my other programs function as they did before the upgrade, Nvivo won't open. When I try to open Nvivo, it appears to register the click yet the program never opens.

On one occasion a box appeared saying 'Cannot access Nvivo configuration settings. Nvivo will need to be closed down'. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Nvivo?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Uninstall and reinstall of NVivo may not help. Could you try the following:

1. Disable your antivirus software and try launching NVivo.

2. Install any pending Windows updates and reboot the PC. Relaunch NVivo.

Note: To check for updates, type Windows Update in the search box above Start icon and click Check for Updates.

If the issue persists, please submit a support request via the link below as we'll need further information to investigate.

http://www.qsrinternational.com/Support/Contact-Support

Regards,

Bhupesh

• 6 years later...

Unfortunately I have the same problem. I have no antivirus software and there are no windows updates (Windows 11).

The link you have posted for support does not work. Can you please help me out?

Thanks.

Hello @Saskia,

Currently, Nvivo is not fully compatible with Windows 11. For further details please refer here.

Regards,

Hello @kbustamante,

Please note that Nvivo is not compatible with Nvivo 11. I would suggest backing up your data and performing an erase re-install process to install Windows 10.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

I have Nvivo 1.0 on my computer (Windows 10 with the latest update). It was working fine for months until recently when I was not able to open it at all. The launch screen comes up when I click on the program, the processing wheel spins for about 15 seconds and then the launch screen disappears. Attempts to uninstall and reinstall did not make a difference. Would appreciate help on this. Many thanks. 

Hello @qualnewcastle,

Please submit a support request form following: https://support.qsrinternational.com/nvivo/s/contactsupport/contact-support-form

Regards,