canarik

Custom Transcript Fields Bug in Nvivo 11 for Windows

I was able to add custom fields into my projects while I was using Nvivo 11 for Windows (11.0.0.317). However, with the Service Pack 1 (11.1.0.411), added fields do not appear on transcript window.

I do not know anyone else has experienced the same issue, but I think there is a bug with the latest service pack update.

Hi,

I have not been able to replicate the issue you are having in NVivo 11.1.0.411. Can you please confirm you are adding new fields by clicking File > Project Properties > Audio/Video tab, and then adding the appropriate field for what media type you are using?

Please also make sure you did not add an audio field when you are working on video, or adding a video when you are working on audio.

Cheers,

Tane

Hi Tane,

Yes, I followed the same procedure to add custom fields. No matter how many times I tried, I have failed to see my fields on transcript window.

Finally, I decided to reset all my options and then re-make all custom changes.

After a re-start, now I can see all the custom fields on transcript window.

Hope, this helps to all who will have the same issue.

Best,

Hi again,

I would like to share an update on this issue.

The problem persist with the builtin sample project. Custom fields do not appear in the sample project file even you import a new audio/video file.

Best,

Hi Can,

I tested the sample project in NVivo 11 and could not find any issues with adding custom fields for audio/video transcripts.

Can you let us know the exact steps that you are taking?

Regards,

Rahul

Hi Rahul,

In order to see my custom fields in all the projects that I open in Nvivo, I have added "Speaker" field in application options menu. I was able to see this new field in my new blank projects. However when I open the sample project, new field does not appear. Yes, I was able to add this new field thorugh project properties but;

As far as I know, changes in application options menu should effect all projects or am I wrong about it?

Best,

Hello Can,

This is the expected behaviour with NVivo. Custom fields added through the ‘Application Options’ in NVivo are applied only to new projects. This is done to ensure that the preferences of existing projects are not affected. For any existing projects, custom fields need to be added through the ‘Project Properties’ option in NVivo.

Also, just to let you know, for any future assistance you may require, it is best to get in touch with us via our support form at:http://www.qsrinternational.com/Support/Contact-Support. This will ensure that you get the timeliest assistance, as we do not actively monitor the forums.

Regards,

Rahul

Hi Rahul,

Thank you so much for the clarification.

Best,