cestus

Coding stripes lost after upgrading project from 10-11 Mac

I have recently upgraded a project from Nvivo 10 for Mac to 11. After opening the project, I found that one of my heavily coded internal documents now shows a total of 0 nodes/ stripes. As I am in institutional uses, I am unable to use my now expired key with NVIVO 10, though I have the original .nvpx file.

Is there any way to open my original file without upgrading to explore why my coding has disappeared? What might have caused this and how might i recover my coding?

Thanks.

Hi cestus,

Just to clarify, in the NVivo for Mac (Version 11) project one of your documents is displaying zero nodes and references when referring to it in the Internal sources list view? Your other documents do display the correct nodes and references in the Internal sources list view as per your NVivo 10 for Mac project file?

You would need NVivo 10 for Mac to open your original project file. So that we can further investigate your case and considering you do not have a copy of NVivo 10 for Mac, could you please send us your NVivo 10 for Mac project file and we'll confirm that the referred document has nodes and references and then attempt to convert to NVivo for Mac (Version 11) and further advise.

Please complete a support request form using the following link so that we can continue this investiagtion for you:

http://www.qsrinternational.com/Customer-Support

Regards,

Andrew

Andrew-

Just to clarify, in the NVivo for Mac (Version 11) project one of your documents is displaying zero nodes and references when referring to it in the Internal sources list view? Your other documents do display the correct nodes and references in the Internal sources list view as per your NVivo 10 for Mac project file?

That's correct.

You would need NVivo 10 for Mac to open your original project file. So that we can further investigate your case and considering you do not have a copy of NVivo 10 for Mac, could you please send us your NVivo 10 for Mac project file and we'll confirm that the referred document has nodes and references and then attempt to convert to NVivo for Mac (Version 11) and further advise.

Thanks for that.

Please complete a support request form using the following link so that we can continue this investigation for you:

Done.