JellyMorgans

Is it possible to see a summary of an internal document?

Hi all!

I wonder...

When I click on a node, I get a page of its summary and then references. I find the summaries really helpful - telling me exactly which documents contain that node and how much of the document is coded to it.

Is the same possible for a document itself? I would like a summary of an internal document that showed me what nodes were in it, what percentages of the document those nodes covered?

And perhaps would it be possible to compare - for example to see which nodes aren't in the document even though they were common in others?

Thanks a lot,

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

You may consider enabling coding stripes for your document, which will give you a way of seeing what nodes contain data from your source. More information about this can be found here: http://help-nv11mac.qsrinternational.com/desktop/procedures/use_coding_stripes_to_explore_coding.htm

However, the second idea you mentioned is currently not possible in NVivo for Mac.

Cheers,

Tane

Hi,

Thanks but I already use coding stripes. As far as I can see though, this doesn't enable me to see what percent of the document each node covers, unless I open each node individually?

Thanks,

Jenny