mbrooks19

Auto-coding issue

Hi mbrooks19,

Can you tell me what version of NVivo you are using? You can find the version number by opening NVivo and, from the menu bar, selecting NVivo -> About NVivo. You need NVivo for Mac 10.2 or later to auto code datasets.Also, can you tell me what sort of source documents you are trying to code? Autocoding of documents is not yet available in NVivo for Mac, only for Datasets. You may also like to review the instructions at http://help-nv10mac.qsrinternational.com/desktop/procedures/automatic_coding_in_dataset_sources.htm

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Simon

Hello Simon,

Thank you for your reply. I'm using NVIVO for MAC version 11.1.1 (1551). I'm trying to do documents of interview questions. Also, I find no instructions available for version 11. The version 10 instructions do not actually coincide with what is available for version 11. Is there a link to some videos for Version 11?

Maurice

Hi MBrooks19,

Thank you for that. As mentioned, Nvivo for Mac doesn't support autocoding for documents at this stage, so you will not be able to code your interview documents in this fashion. I will pass on your feedback to our product team so that they can include it when developing future releases.

You can find the NVivo for Mac V11 video for autocoding datasets at

Cheers,

Simon