Hi,

I have a problem with mpg videos in NVivo 11. It doesn't have any visual, black screen. But the audio works perfectly.

I converted the videos to mp4 format, but I can't import it because some problems with the codec.

Does anyone know about this matter?

Thank you.

Meili

Hi Meili,

This can happen due to a lack of proper video/audio codecs on your Windows Operating System. A codec compresses or decompresses media files such as songs or videos. Windows Media Player and other apps including NVivo for Windows use codecs to play and create media files.

To try and resolve the issue you're experiencing in NVivo I suggest that you download and install a codec pack.

We have used Media Player Codec Pack in the past and it seems to work well. It can be downloaded from the link below:

Media Player Codec Pack

http://download.cnet.com/Media-Player-Codec-Pack/3000-13632_4-10749065.html

Note, if Media Player Codec Pack does not resolve your issue, you could try downloading and installing other codec packs located at:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Codec-Packs-Video-Codecs/

Disclaimer: The Site, Services or Materials provided by QSR may include links that will take you to other sites external to the Site (called "Linked Sites"). QSR provides these Linked Sites to you as a convenience and the inclusion of the links do not imply any approval or support by QSR of any Linked Site. As these Linked Sites are outside of QSR’s control, you therefore acknowledge and agree that QSR is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, any link contained in a Linked Site or any changes or updates to a Linked Site.

After installing the codec pack, close out of NVivo and reopen it and try importing the file again.

Let me know if you still have issues.

Cheers,

Simon