Working as a team with a collegue in another town. Have created copy for her to work on. When trying to import the sources, nodes, and coding she has created the new node created under an existing top level node is not imported. Sources and all other coding references created by specific user under existing node structure are imported successfully.

Am using Import Select content :

Under select option: Select Node created by specific user but high level node is listed as not imported.

How do you import new nodes structures with their coding references?

QSRSupport    76

Hi Maggie,

When importing/merging project, if NVivo finds any duplicates, the duplicate items are not imported. It seems that the node which is not getting imported, is already present with same name and same hierarchical location in the project you are importing to.

Please refer to the link below on how NVivo determines duplicates:

http://help-nv11.qsrinternational.com/desktop/deep_concepts/how_duplicate_project_items_are_handled_during_import.htm

I hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

Bhupesh

Hi Bhupesh

Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately the one new node in the imported project is NOT already in my master project and does not get imported.

I am using the Import Select Content option to ask for new nodes created by a specific user (i.e. my collegue) to be imported ...and it doesn't come across. (the node she created is underneath an existing node that I created).

Can you help?

Regards

Maggie

QSRSupport    76

Hi Maggie,

To investigate further, I will require your project files and name of the node that is not getting merged.

Could you submit a support request via http://bit.ly/1WQ8AOi and attach your project files to the request? If the files are more than 8MB in size, please let us know and we will setup a Dropbox folder for you to share the files.

Regards,

Bhupesh