LizHannaford

Nvivo10 for Mac convert to NVivo11 for windows?

Hello,

I work with NVivo10 on my home Mac. However, I'd like to export my projects to my university laptop to show my PhD supervisor from time to time. However, the IT team at my university say they can only install NVivo 11 for windows on my laptop. When I try to convert my Mac project to NVivo 11 for Windows, I get a message telling me it can't convert a project from an older version.

Is there any way around this? I'm waiting to hear from the contact at my university to see if I can get NVivo 11 on my Mac, then perhaps the conversion will be possible. But she's away at the moment so I'm not going to get an answer for a while.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Liz

QSRSupport    76

Hi Liz,

In order to convert a project file across platforms they will need to be the same major version. NVivo 10 for Mac to NVivo 10 for Windows is possible, but not NVivo 10 for Mac to NVivo 11 for Windows. To convert the file, it will either need to be converted with NVivo 10 for Windows, or first converted with NVivo for Mac (Version 11) after which you should be able to convert it with NVivo 11 for Windows without issue.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Tane