[[Template core/global/global/lkeyWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hello,

I would like to some advice on counting the number of references that are coded at a particular node. I know that I can just click on the node and a count will appear for that node, but is there a way to account for cross-coded references? In other words, I would like to know how many references from my source have been coded overall, which I am having difficulty calculating because many references are coded to more than one node, so if I just count up all of the references that are coded at each node, I will inevitably end up double- or triple-counting some references. If my question is unclear, please let me know, and I'd be happy to try clarifying. 

Thank you so much for your help.

Elisabeth  

Hello Elisabeth,

You can try the following options to measure references more uniquely

-Manually count references that are overlapping with other nodes whilst showing coding stripes or highlighting
-Use a coding query for a selected item (scope selection) and run the query to show references "Not Coded at" other nodes "Any Selected Node"

Kind Regards,

Sameer

That sounds good, Sameer. Would you mind answering another question for me? I have attached an image of my "Nodes" screen in NVivo, and I have a question about what I am seeing. What are the numbers highlighted in yellow referring to? More specifically, I would like to know how are they being calculated. Also, do they account for cross-coding? Thank you for your help, and I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon. 

Elisabeth

NVivoForumQuestion.JPG