LMvu

help with constructing query report or extract

LMvu    0

Hi

I've been through all the help files on reports and extracts and queries and tried so many things

I just want to know how to return all of the coding at all nodes grouped by cases which have a particular value for one attribute. to clarify with an example, I have several childcare centres in this sample. Their individual names are the different values of the 'centre' attribute. So I want to see all of the coding from the many interview with the staff from each centre organised by centre (to understand data for each centre as a whole).

thanks

QSRSupport    76

Hi,

I can see that you’ve also submitted a support request form and I’ve sent you an email with some steps. I’m adding some instructions here in case they’re helpful to other NVivo users.  

If you want to find all references coded to all cases with a particular attribute you could do this by running a coding query with criteria similar to the screenshot I've attached. You'll need to select the appropriate attribute and attribute value you're interested in. If you're unfamiliar with running a coding query, you can find detailed instructions on how to do this at http://help-nv11.qsrinternational.com/desktop/procedures/run_a_coding_query.htm 

Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 12.57.55 am.png

The above query will give you every reference, but they're not ordered by case or node at all. If you want to see the coding broken down by node or case, you might prefer to run a matrix coding query. A matrix coding query allows you to cross tabulate your data so you can easily see what is coded at each intersection. I've attached a screenshot showing the result you might get if you have your case attribute as the rows and nodes as the columns. By default, the number shown in the matrix cell is the number of coding references coded to the intersection. You can double click in the matrix cell to view all of these references. If you're unfamiliar with running a matrix coding query, you can find detailed instructions at http://help-nv11.qsrinternational.com/desktop/procedures/run_a_matrix_coding_query.htm 

Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 1.17.29 am.png

Regards,

Heather