CandaceNG

Case classifications stopped working in Matrix Queries & Charts

CandaceNG    0

I have a single data source (survey) that includes the free-text fields that I have coded and MCQ responses that I have used for case classifications. I have run numerous matrix queries and produced a lot of charts using comparing nodes and case classifications, and it all worked very well. Then, one day, they stopped working.

I tried using the wizard to create the case classifications again (as I had done before). I also tried copying the project, deleting all of the case classifications, and running the wizard again, but the join between the nodes and the case classifications (as far as matrices and charts are concerned) doesn't seem to be there.

I have checked that a chart that shows just the case classifications is accurate, so the classifications seem to have been created correctly.  I'm hoping that this is a know issue that has a quick fix...!

Thanks in advance.

QSRSupport    76

Hi Candace,

Matrix coding queries look for common coding (intersection) between the row and the column items specified in the query. If you’re receiving zero results, it is very likely there is nothing coded that is common between the row and the column item in the query. If you believe that there should be intersecting coding, I’d suggest that you double check your query criteria. Check that you’re searching in the correct source/s and that your search criteria are correct. It can also be a good idea to have a look at your source with coding stripes on to verify that your coding is as expected. If you’re still having difficulty running this query, please fill out a support request form at the following link and we’ll be happy to help further. http://www.qsrinternational.com/nvivo-support/contact-support

Regards, Heather

CandaceNG    0

Thanks for the quick response! I was using queries that I had saved in the past (and that had returned hundreds of results) so I'm afraid that's probably not the issue. I did also check to make sure that there wasn't a problem with the coding, but this seems to be intact. I'll have a look at the support form.