Juan Parra

Three dimension (variables) Matrix Query

Juan Parra    0

Hello
I am working with newspaper data and making a content analysis (With NvivoPro 11). I have information for 12 years of data (2002-2014), and I have already classified my data in 28 categories. In the content analysis, I generated a node for secondary education and another one for university (I did this during the content analysis because I did not know these attributes in advance). 
I want to run a Matrix Query to see the distribution of news by year and by category, but only for secondary education. It is to say; I want to see, for each year, the categories that I found for only one type of education (secondary). 
Can you please guide me with this procedure? I have not found how to make a Matrix Query using three (not only two) variables at a time: year, category and type of education (secondary). 

Kind regards
Juan D Parra

QSRSupport    76

Hi Juan,

You should be able to select the third variable(secondary education node) by setting the scope of the query(by clicking Select in front of In, when running the query). Refer to instructions under 'running matrix query outside wizard' section in the link below:

http://help-nv11.qsrinternational.com/desktop/procedures/run_a_matrix_coding_query.htm

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Bhupesh

Juan Parra    0

Hello Bhupesh

Thanks in advance for your guidance and support. 

No success. I have not been able to sort that out. Is it possible to share a file with you for you to check it out? I think it is easier like that, as it might take a lot of chats to explain in detail what is my problem. 

Kind regards

Juan