HI there,

I have a question about word cloud.  i'd like my word cloud to show the whole phrase rather than one word.  In FAQ, i learnt that you need to  edit the word list and add a ~ between two words. For example: lorem~ipsum.  https://www.wordclouds.com/faq/

I  don't get where and how to edit the "word list"?  i edited my source (internal source)  and added ~ between the words but that didn't change the word cloud.  Can  you pls explain, step by step, how to get it done. For Mac pls.

thanks so much,

cheers, M

Hi Mary,

At this time there is no way to join words together in a word cloud or word frequency query in NVivo for Mac. The link you provided appears to be for a different service or program and isn't related to NVivo for Mac, which is why the steps weren't working in your situation.

The word frequency list can be exported out of NVivo and you may be able to use it as the word-list for Wordclouds.com, but as this is a service that isn't provided by us I can't assist with generating the word cloud this way, and you may need to get in touch with them for assistance. Information on how to export the word frequency query results can be found here: http://help-nv11mac.qsrinternational.com/desktop/procedures/export_query_results.htm#MiniTOCBookMark5

Cheers,

Tane

6 hours ago, QSRSupport said:

Hi Mary,

At this time there is no way to join words together in a word cloud or word frequency query in NVivo for Mac. The link you provided appears to be for a different service or program and isn't related to NVivo for Mac, which is why the steps weren't working in your situation.

The word frequency list can be exported out of NVivo and you may be able to use it as the word-list for Wordclouds.com, but as this is a service that isn't provided by us I can't assist with generating the word cloud this way, and you may need to get in touch with them for assistance. Information on how to export the word frequency query results can be found here: http://help-nv11mac.qsrinternational.com/desktop/procedures/export_query_results.htm#MiniTOCBookMark5

Cheers,

Tane

HI Tane,  thanks heaps for your reply.  You've mentioned that i'ts not possible in Mac.  is it possible to get it done in Windows?  I can instal nvivo for Windows if it has the function for joining words.

I'll aslo check out the woudclouds.com as well.

thanks again,  looking fw to hearing from you :-)

Mary

Hi Mary,

This functionality does not exist in NVivo for Windows either unfortunately. I will raise a feature request so that this may be included in a future version of the software but I cannot say for sure when that may be.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

2 hours ago, QSRSupport said:

Hi Mary,

This functionality does not exist in NVivo for Windows either unfortunately. I will raise a feature request so that this may be included in a future version of the software but I cannot say for sure when that may be.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

HI again Tane, 

Oh that's disappointing that Nvivio deosn't have this importnat function.  I appreciate it that you will raise a feature request. 

just a quick question,  i know that you can export node list to word doc in nvivo windows.  is it possible in nvivo mac?  i did a serach and couldn't see anything on it. 

Thanks so much Tane.

cheers, Mary

Archived