Inga Gruss

Creating case nodes for framework matrix

Inga Gruss    0

I am trying to create a framework matrix with a completely coded interview data set (97 respondents, one interview per person). I created four nodes (with a number of child nodes each) and coded each interview. I realize that for creating a framework matrix, every respondent needs to be turned into a case node. Is that something that I can still do at this point (coding completed) or would I have needed to do this before starting the coding process? My attempts of turning respondents into case nodes so far have failed (they appear just as another parent node in my list of nodes).

Thanks a lot,

Inga

QSRSupport    76

Hi Inga,

You can create case nodes once all your other coding in NVivo is complete. Case nodes in NVivo 9 and 10 appear the same as any other node in NVivo does, so it’s likely that you are doing the right thing. If you would like your case nodes to appear in a separate folder in your node list you will need to manually organise your case nodes. You can find some details on how to organise your nodes at the following link:

http://help-nv10.qsrinternational.com/desktop/procedures/reorder_and_refine_nodes.htm#MiniTOCBookMark4

If you need a refresher on how to create case nodes from sources, you can find details on how to do this at the following link:

http://help-nv10.qsrinternational.com/desktop/procedures/create_nodes_automatically.htm#MiniTOCBookMark6

Regards,

Heather

Inga Gruss    0

Thanks Heather for your quick reply (it worked).

In NVivo10, the cells in a framework matrix remain initially empty. I'm aware that it is possible to auto populate the matrix in Nvivo11, is that also possible to do that in NVivo10? Or do I need to populate the cells by copy-pasting content?

Thanks for your help,

Inga