[[Template core/global/global/lkeyWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hello,

I am an infrequent NVivo user, so apologies if this is an easy question but I haven't been able to find an answer on the internet anywhere.  

I have survey data (dataset) that I have coded to a coding structure.  I am running an Extract (View = node, fields = Node/Hierarchical Name & Coding Source.Coding Reference/Coded text) to create a dataset that can be used in other software.  In addition to extracting the coded text and the node that it is coded to, I would like to be able to extract the row ID that the comment has come from as an additional column.  Is there a way to do this?

Many thanks

Hi Lauren,

At this stage, it is not possible to extract the row ID. I have raised the matter with our Product Manager who collates all feature requests and prioritises them accordingly.

Regards,

Bhupesh

This still hasn't been fixed in NVivo 12. Extracting coded text from a dataset and not being able to identify the case that the text was associated with is crazy. Very frustrating.