Alicja B

Recovering project from a. nvb file

Alicja B    0

Hi,

I was working on a project (coding a number of interviews into nodes). I forgot to save the project and my computer restarted in the meantime.

When I opened NVivo project again, I can only see my work from the previous day, which means that nodes only have a small number of interviews coded into it. I checked the recovery folder and there is a 'nvb' file there, but I can't open it.

The software did not prompt me to recover the file upon the re-opening.

Is there anything I can do to recover the work? 

Thanks!

QSRSupport    77

Hi Alicja,

I have attached a corrupt dummy project with this post to help you recover the project from the nvb file. Download, unzip and extract the attached file to your computer. Then attempt to open it in NVivo. You will be presented with an option to recover from a project recovery file.  Select your nvb file to recover the project.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Bhupesh

NV11CorruptProject(for restoring project backups).nvp.zip

elekirk    0

Hello, I am having the same problem. I've tried to open this dummy, and got as far as attempting to restore the project I need but this is not working. I receive the following error message: 

rror Message: RESTORE detected an error on page (1530:-1605155774) in database "NVivo7" as read from the backup set.
RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
Stack Trace:    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at ns.a(SqlConnection A_0, String A_1)
   at ns.c()
   at QSR.NVivo.Client.Presentation.Forms.ProjectRecoveryWizard.<>c__DisplayClass4.a(Object A_0, DoWorkEventArgs A_1)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Also, the recovery file that I need shows up in the 'Nvivo 11 recovery files' folder on my computer, but is not offered when I open this Nvivo dummy file.

Any advice, much appreciated.

Ele

JHP    0
On 11/28/2017 at 4:18 PM, elekirk said:

Hello, I am having the same problem. I've tried to open this dummy, and got as far as attempting to restore the project I need but this is not working. I receive the following error message: 

rror Message: RESTORE detected an error on page (1530:-1605155774) in database "NVivo7" as read from the backup set.
RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
Stack Trace:    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at ns.a(SqlConnection A_0, String A_1)
   at ns.c()
   at QSR.NVivo.Client.Presentation.Forms.ProjectRecoveryWizard.<>c__DisplayClass4.a(Object A_0, DoWorkEventArgs A_1)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Also, the recovery file that I need shows up in the 'Nvivo 11 recovery files' folder on my computer, but is not offered when I open this Nvivo dummy file.

Any advice, much appreciated.

Ele

I have the same issue! are you sure that the dummy corrupt file is Nv11??

Thanks