Ncapture and the capture of Twitter posts on certain dates

Hello good morning,

I have a question about collecting data on Twitter. When I compile the last publications made about a certain keyword there is no problem and Ncapture captures you the publications as a database.

The problem is when I give advanced search on Twitter and try to find messages on certain dates, for example, from January 1 to January 31, 2018. Here Ncapture does not extract any publication as a database, I do not understand it, because that the messages appear in the same way as if they did the last searches. I have tried to search for publications in a specific geographic area and this one works for me, but between two dates, and I think that capturing messages between specific dates is very useful for researchers.

Therefore, I wanted to ask if it is possible to capture publications as a database on Twitter between two specific dates without resorting to saving it as .pdf.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Hi,

The amount of data captured as a dataset by NCapture is determined by Twitter; this is because NCapture relies on Twitter's API (web connection to Twitter) to collect the data. Twitter’s API generally only provides Tweets from last 7 days.  Depending upon how much data Twitter provides to NCapture, you may also sometimes see Tweets more than 7 days old getting captured. Please note older Tweets may not be captured, even if they are visible in your timeline due to Twitter API limitation.

I will pass your feedback to our Product team so other ways of capturing data from Twitter can be investigated and considered for future versions of NVivo.

Regards,

Mohammad

• 2 years later...