Welby

Second file in cases - how to remove

Hello folks,

Using NVIVO for Mac 12 and somehow I have two files in five of my 30 cases. How does one remove the second files from cases (I have five respondents that have two files when viewed in cases)? There is the complete transcript (one file) and then somehow I've managed to add some additional material from Memos into the case. One can view the extra material when viewed in REFERENCE or in SUMMARY view, but I'm unable to delete this extra material. 

I would show you a screen shot but this system only allows 30kb uploads and a simple screenshot is about 280kb - oh well, I hope you can figure out from my description above.

Thanks in advance. 

Welby

Hi Welby,

So we can investigate this issue further, can you please provide us with a screenshot showing the layout of your project. You can attach the screenshot to a support case and submit via the following link:

http://qsrinternational.com/nvivo/contact-us/customer-support

I look forward to your reply with more details.

Regards,

Nicholas Body

I have been able to solve this one.

This was happening in cases and was because some of my annotations were being picked up in the count also. It was effectively double counting some special quotes that I had put in there and so they had to be removed. I uncoded them from detail view - but had to do this repeatedly for each case folder the individual was in. For example, teacher folder, female folder, etc.

Thanks all the same.