I am using Nvivo as an organization tool for a work of nonfiction, tangentially in the social sciences, but the reason I like Nvivo is that it lets me keep track of hundreds of different sources that I can later quote from and organize in several different ways. I am finding that I would like to write my rough draft while the iron is hot, in Nvivo, and be able to organize my draft along with my sources. I know I can use memos and annotations, but I am finding those features a bit thin in their word processing abilities. Also, I would like to be able to visualize where my memo or annotation sits within the larger picture, which I do not really have a sense of in the current user interface. Has this been under discussion before? How are people working to integrate their draft out of their Nvivo work? Keep in mind that I am a hopelessly disorganized person and the whole point of using Nvivo is because it is idiot-proof for my particular challenges. Suggestions appreciated.

Hi Trevorj800, 

One tool you might find useful when writing your draft is to use “See also” links. These will allow you to link sections of text in your draft directly to quotes from other sources in your NVivo project. Please see the following for how to use see also links:
http://help-nv10.qsrinternational.com/desktop/concepts/about_links.htm

I’ll also pass your feedback about the word processing options available in NVivo on to the relevant people. 
Regards, 
Heather