Welby

Chart function

I have about 30 interviews with respondents having a number of different attributes - gender, age, occupation, etc. I am wanting to aggregate the data from particular groups and display the resultant chart. For example what were the main topics discussed by the males or the older groups or specified occupations. Currently I can only show data for one respondent at a time. How does one aggregate the data for a group and create the chart?  I am using NVIVO 12 

Apologies for the delay in responding to your post. You also contacted us directly with this request and a response was provided to you via email. 

You may wish to use the crosstab query in NVivo 12 Mac. If you have created 'Cases' from your source interviews and these Cases have been classified with attributes, a crosstab query will allow you to compare nodes (theme nodes) with two different attributes in cases. The crosstab will not display the results in a Chart, however, you can easily export the results (right-click in the results) to Excel and create a chart in Excel. Refer to the link below for more information crosstab query:

The Matrix Coding query will also allow you to compare attributes with sources directly. Results of the Matrix Coding query can also be exported to Excel and can then be charted in Excel. Refer to the link below for more information on Matrix Coding query: